The 2017 Southern California Probability Symposium will be held on Saturday, December 2, at the University of California Irvine.
- 9:30-10:00 Refreshments
- 10:00-10:50 Roman Vershynin (UCI) Deviations of random matrices and applications.
- 10:50-11:20 Coffee break
- 11:20-12:10 James-Michael Leahy (USC), On the Navier-Stokes equation with rough transport noise.
- 12:10-2:00 Lunch
- 2:00-2:50 Jean_Dominique Deuschel (Technische Universitat, Berlin), Harnack inequality for degenerate balanced random random walks.
- 2:50-3:20 Coffee break
- 3:20-4:10 Reza Aghajani(UCSD), Asymptotic analysis of multi-class queues with random order of service .
- 4:10-5:00 Gerard Ben Arous (NYU), TBA
- 6:00 Dinner
Direction and Parking
The UCI campus is most easily reached by taking the Bison exit from 73.
Campus maps: https://uci.edu/visit/maps.php
UC parking permits are valid, otherwise pay spots are available in lots 12B, 16 and 16H
The Symposium will take place in Natural Sciences 2, room 1201.
- Dinner at O Fine Japanese Cuisine in Quail Hill Shopping Center.
- Located at 6731 Quail Hill, Irvine, CA 92603
- Reservations are for 6:00.
- Please inform Michael Cranston by November 27 at email@example.com if you plan to attend the dinner
- Michael Cranston
- Information and reminders about the symposium will be sent by email to members of the Southern California Probability Group email list. If you wish to add or remove your name from this list, please click here.