a wide range of courses in Probability, Statistics and Mathematics.
These include courses on Mathematical Statistics, Statistical Inference,
Sampling Techniques, Order Statistics, Design and Analysis of Experiments,
Time Series Analysis, Multivariate Analysis, Probability, Stochastic
Processes, Linear Algebra, Calculus, advanced seminar courses on weak
convergence of measures on Metric Spaces with statistical applications
to limit distribution theory, Directional data analysis, Statistical
Decision Theory and Non parametric Statistics. Participated in the Curriculum
and Program development and in the introduction of several Probability/Statistics
courses and Degree programs at the Indiana University and at the University
of California, Santa Barbara.
Directed the Ph.D. Dissertations of:
At Indiana University, Bloomington:
- Youngjoo Yoon (1976) "Some Nonparametric Tests for Circular Distributions
and their Efficiencies". (Currently, Chief Actuary, Watson Wyatt
At the University of California, Santa Barbara:
Kuo (1979), "On Goodness of Fit Tests
Based on High Order Spacings", (Senior Scientist, ITT, Vandenburg
Schweitzer (1982), "On Tests for the Two Sample Problem Based on
Higher Order Spacing-Frequencies",(Professor, Gordon College, MA)
- Martin T. Wells (1987), "Some Contributions to the Theory of Goodness
of Fit Testing", (Professor and Chair, Dept of Biological Statistics
and Computational Biology, Cornell Univ.)
Zhou (1988), "Goodness of Fit Tests Based on Spacings, Interpoint Distances
and Near Neighbors", (Professor, Hong kong Polytechnic University,
- Jyoti Zalkikar (1988), "On
Some Problems in Reliability Theory", (Mathematical Statistician, FDA)
- Mohammad R. Kafai (1989), "Some nonparametric tests based on near
matches", (Professor, San Francisco State Univ.)
- Debasis Sengupta
(1990), "Statistical Inference on discrete life-history data and
some reliability problems", (Professor, Indian Statistical Institute,
- Xinyuan Wan (1990), "Inference for a Semiparametric Model", (Professor, Long Beach State College)
Chang (1991), "Some optimal tests in directional data", (Professor,
National Chung-Hsing Univ., Taiwan)
- Subathra Ramanathan (1991),
"Some aspects of inference for elliptical distributions", (Assoc.
Professor, Univ. of Kentucky)
Wei Liu (1992), "On the sensitivity and stability of Posterior
Statistician, Amgen, Thousand Oaks).
- Rajasri Machiraju (1994), "Some
Contributions to Spatial Statistical Modelling", (Statistitian, Callaway Golf Co., SanDiego).
- Eun-Soo Lee (1995), "Testing for Stochastic Dominance
with some Applications to Reliability", (Deputy Director, Korean
Statistical Office, Seoul).
Palo (1997), "Analysis of Ocean Wave Fields using Harmonic Phase
Tracking- a Parameter Estimation Technique", (Deputy Director, Naval
Facilities Engineering Service Center, Point Mugu, CA).
Cho (1997), "Sequential Estimation of the Number of
Classes in a Multinomial Distribution", (Assistant Professor, Univ.
of Nevada, Las Vegas).
- Kaushik Ghosh (1997),
"Some Contributions to Inference using Spacings", (Assistant Professor,
George Washington Univ., Washington, DC).
Lund (1998), "Regression and Goodness of fit for Directional
data ", ( Assistant Professor, CalPoly, San Louis Obispo, CA).
- Chitsung Wang (1998), "Some Contributions to Testing Multimodality",
(Associate Professor, Meiho College, Taiwan).
- David Kim
(1999), "Quantile Decomposition of
a Density", (Assistant Professor, West Point Academy, NY).
You (2002), "Classification and Feature Extraction methods with
Applications to Image Database Retrieval", (Assistant Professor,
Univ. of Central Florida, Orlando).
Valeva (2002), "On the Bid-Ask spread in Asymmetric Information
Models", (Asst. Prof., Western Illinois Univ.).
Dayal (2003), "Pricing Derivatives in Incomplete Markets",
(Vice President, Credit Risk Group, Deutsche Bank, New York).
- Xiaofang Lei
(2006), “Bayes Nets: A Generalized Elimination
Algorithm and Applications to Classification” University of
California, Santa Barbara (Allergan Pharmaceuticals)
- Michael J. Grebeck (2006), “Application of Stochastic Programming
and Stable Distributions to Asset Liability Management” University
of California, Santa Barbara (Researcher, Advertising.com).
- Samuel J. Frame (2006), “Contributions to Semisupervised
learning” University of California, Santa Barbara, (CalPoly,
San Louis Obispo).
- Anna Chernobai (2006), “Contributions to Modeling of Operational
Risk in Buffer Capital, Heavy Tails, and Beyond,” University
of California, Santa Barbara (Asst. Prof. Univ of Rochester).
- Mohammad A. Siddiqi (2006), “Statistical Image and Functional
Data Analysis,” University of California, (Senior Statistician,
Glaxo Smith Kline, India)
- Alexander Villacorta (2006), “Information Diffusion in Multimedia
Environments,” University of California, Santa Barbara, (Clear
- Deepali Paradkar (2006), “ Some Contributions to Inferential
procedures in Mixture Models and Model based Clustering,”
University of California, Santa Barbara. (Allergan Medical)
- Naohisa Kaneda (2007) “Fitting Mixture Models from Kernel Estimators,” University of California, Santa Barbara, (Statistician, Japan)
- Dezhong Wang (2007) “Pricing Tranches of a CDO and a CDS Index,” University of California, Santa Barbara, (Quantitative analyst, QuickSilver Trading)
- Biliana Bagasheva (2007) "Bayesian methods in the investment management process," University of California, Santa Barbara, (Yeditepe Univ., Turkey)
- David Tung (2009) “Some Contributions to Inference Based on Spacings,” University of California, Santa Barbara.
- Nathan Bennett (2011) “Some Contributions to Middle Censoring” University of California, Santa Barbara (Boehringer Ingelheim, Danbury, CT)
- Hamid Ghofrani (2012) “Latent Degree Graph Models for social networks” University of California, Santa Barbara (Nuance Communications, Montreal)
- Elvynna Leong (2014) “Middle censoring in the presence of covariates” University of California, Santa Barbara (Dept of Mathematics, Universiti Brunei)
- Junjing Lin (2015) “Some Contributions to Nonparametric Bayesian Methods”, University of California, Sata Barbara, (AbbVie Pharmaceuticals, Chicago)
- Michael Nava (2015) “A Change-point Problem and Preliminary Test Estimators” University of California, Santa Barbara (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- Gaoyuan Tian (2016) “Parameter Estimation for Stable distributions: Spacings-based and Indirect inference” University of Califonia, Santa Barbara.